To read what your state’s wrongful death law actually says, find your state below and follow the hyperlinks.
Remember: don’t feel as if you have to hire a lawyer just to understand your state’s law. While it may be a little wordy, you should be able to grasp what it means for bringing a wrongful death case in your state.
Laws and links change from time to time. Here we endeavor to have the most up to date legal information and working links.
Please notify us if a link is no longer working or if you become aware of a change of law before we know about it. By working together we can help all victims!
- Ala. Code Section 6-5-410
- Ark. Code Section 16-62-102
- Colo. Rev. Stat. Section 13-21-201, 13-21-202 (2021)
District of Columbia
- Ga. Code Title 51 Torts Section 51-4-2
- Kent. Revised Statutes Title XXXVI Section 411.130
- Mass. Gen. Laws Part III Ch. 229, Section 2
- Miss. Code Title 11 Section 11-7-13
- N.M. Stat. Section 41-2-1
- Ohio Rev. Code Title XXI Section 2125.01
- Tenn. Code Section 20-5-106
- W.V. Code Section 55-7-5